Hi Peter,

> I suspect that Testify is sourcing in JUnit 3.8.1 and TestNG and
> trying to run my tests with those, and as I have no reference to
> either in my project I am guessing they come fro Testify... take a
> look at this debug output:

You might find it useful to use the Maven "dependency:tree" goal which
will show you all your projects dependencies and the transitive
dependencies.

I can't see that Testify would cause TestNG or JUnit to be pulled into
your project (I'm prepared to be wrong though :-) ).

I know Surefire does some interesting things around picking how to run the
tests. Have you got an explicit JUnit 4 depenency in your pom? Also make
sure you aren't using any TestNG specific things in your Surefire config
(such as suiteXmlFiles).

Other than that, if you could post the results of the dependency:tree
goal, that might help.

-- Paul

---

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional
EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.