Hello,

I have integrated some documentation files from the tapestry-project/src/site into the new documentation. As a consequence, we need to take care that those files are not updated or changes are merged into the new docs.

I used revision r811842 to copy the tutorial, faq, deployment-notes for app servers, release-notes, upgrade-notes

Open content is
the user guide
contribution pages
and the pages from the website tasks

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de

Sebastian Hennebrueder schrieb:
Hello,
I tried to limit the number of menu entries to 7. The magic number of items you can overlook.

I removed the 'Getting a first impression' area and moved the content into the 'About Tapestry' area. We can still make a block on the front page to help user.

The user guide requires a nested navigation. My first idea, was to move it to a Tapestry sub module, which has the advantage, that we can modify the menu (remove items). I tested a kind of pure documentation sub project. This approach wasn't very nice as you have menu items of the main level (about, support, download) which suddenly disappears. You can find this effect on the current website, if you visit tapestry modules like tapestry-ioc, the tutorial etc. As a consequence, I reverted the change and moved the user guide as special item to the main area. This allows to have two sub levels in the user guide.

I merged the Tapestry modules and the page for external modules into a common menu area.

Furthermore, I moved the project information, which is a kind of default into 'About Tapestry'. I believe that finding the contained information (JIRA, Mailinglist, Subversion) is still intuitive. JIRA and Mailinglist can additionally found in the support area and the subversion is referenced in addition in the download area.

What do you think?