My latest use of IoC was to rewire my DAOs so that they accept a
DbConnectionFactory I @Inject in pages.
When a DAO method is called with an ASO holding a user's DB Connection
info, the injected factory's getConnection() is used.

For some factories, getConnection() will create a small connection
pool as necessary, linked to the user's id and some other stuff.  Then
he can run reports against / select items from one of 160 other
databases that all have the same schema (someone stop the madness!!)

For other factories, getConnection() will use a application wide
connection pool to a central db.