Em Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:23:11 -0200, Jim O'Callaghan <jc1000...@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

Hi,

Hi!

I have a service bound to an interface in the ioc registry. The interface extends another interface and duplicates a method name and parameter list however the return type in the overridden method is a concrete class rather than an implementing interface, as specified in the super interface ex.:

Tapestry-IoC create proxies around your service implementations, so, when you @Inject UserEntityManager, the object your receive is proxy that implements UserEntityManager, not BaseEntityManager. This means that the proxy will invoke a method that returns IPersistentObject, not User.

This is to reduce the need for explicit casting around the application.

This doesn't seem right to me. You shouldn't rely on an specific implementation of a given interface. If you need, why return an interface in first place?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.