Nope, @Property is completely for your convienience, typically so you
can reference a value (or injected service, component or whatnot)
directly from a template using a property expression.

In all cases where Tapestry needs to access the field, such as to
synchronize its value with the session, it bypasses getters and
setters (either yours, or those generated by @Property) and updates
the field directly.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Andy Pahne <andy.pa...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 22.02.2010 16:20, schrieb Piero Sartini:
>>>
>>> Yeah, I understand the limitation. But how should I access a property
>>> which
>>> is defined in my base class in one of the subclasses with these
>>> limitations?
>>>

>> Just don't use @Property - provide getXXX and setXXX methods.
>>

>>> As far as I understand, I cannot make my base classes property protected,
>>> nor can I generate a public getter/Setter pair.
>>>

>> You can generate a public getter/setter pair - but you may not use
>> @Property then. If tapestry finds @Property, everything it does is
>> creating the getter/setter methods. But it fails to do so if they are
>> already present. Don't use @Property and it works like expected.
>>

> This sounds like reasonable and clean solution. I was thinking way to
> complicated. I had thought that this @Property annotation is necessary in
> order to persist a property with @Persist or for using it as a form
> component's value property.
>
> Thanks,