> Servlet filters are loaded just once.

This is exactly what I mean, I don't want tapestry to load even once for
some requests. GAE shutdown/startup instances very often (one new instance
per ~3 minues) and this consumes additional resources.

I have around 12K requests per day ATM and every request billed by cpu
usage.
So I decided to refuse from tapestry for some requests and use pure filter
API.

Btw I use gnoredPathsFilters for GAE dev server admin console and appstats:

    public static void contributeIgnoredPathsFilter(Configuration<String>
configuration) {
        //    GAE filters
        configuration.add("/_ah/.*");
        //  GAE Appstats