From: Rich [mailto:rich...@moremagic.com]
Sent: 22 July 2010 20:51
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: blackbird.js and IE breaking fixed CSS background image

No luck still =/

I tried it many ways:
decorateClientInfrastructure with contributeAliasOverride with bind:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Construction of service
'AliasOverrides' has failed due to recursion: the service depends on
itself in some way. Please check
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AliasManagerImpl(Logger,
Collection) (at AliasManagerImpl.java:32) via
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
TapestryModule.java:251) for references to another service that is
itself dependent on service 'AliasOverrides'.

decorateClientInfrastructure without contributeAliasOverride without bind:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Construction of service
'ClientInfrastructure' has failed due to recursion: the service depends
on itself in some way. Please check
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ClientInfrastructureImpl(SymbolSource
,
AssetSource, ThreadLocale) (at ClientInfrastructureImpl.java:64) via
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
TapestryModule.java:251) for references to another service that is
itself dependent on service 'ClientInfrastructure'.

decorateClientInfrastructure without contributeAliasOverride with bind:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Service interface
org.apache.tapestry5.services.ClientInfrastructure is matched by 2
services: ClientInfrastructure, MyClientInfrastructure.  Automatic
dependency resolution requires that exactly one service implement the
interface.

buildMyClientInfrastructure with contributeAlias:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Construction of service 'Alias' has
failed due to recursion: the service depends on itself in some way.
Please check
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildAlias(Logger, String,
AliasManager, Collection) (at TapestryModule.java:325) for references to
another service that is itself dependent on service 'Alias'.

buildMyClientInfrastructure without contributeAlias:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Service interface
org.apache.tapestry5.services.ClientInfrastructure is matched by 2
services: ClientInfrastructure, MyClientInfrastructure.  Automatic
dependency resolution requires that exactly one service implement the
interface.

buildMyClientInfrastructure with contributeAliasOverrides:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Construction of service
'AliasOverrides' has failed due to recursion: the service depends on
itself in some way. Please check
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.AliasManagerImpl(Logger,
Collection) (at AliasManagerImpl.java:32) via
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
TapestryModule.java:251) for references to another service that is
itself dependent on service 'AliasOverrides'.

Errors were pretty similar, and this was about as many permutations as I
could imagine. Can anyone shed some light towards a reasonable way to
decorate the ClientInfrastructure so I can swap the blackbird.js? I find
it hard to believe decoration is this complicated.

Thanks,
Rich