I used CXF to generate java code from XSD-s,
CXF is easily used with maven, but in the end most newer
WS engines use JAXB for data binding.
JAXB is not perfect, and it took me a whole week
to make rules for jaxb to get desired output.
To be fair, he problem was not jaxb here but a very bad XSD,
so I had to try all JAXB tricks and plugins to get it done well.

.. bla .. bla .. what I mean is: CXF is just fine.

I've only used old axis before and it was a pain...