Von:    Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
An:     Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Datum:  30.08.2010 14:59
Betreff:        Re: OT: Web Services

Hi Jim

I evaluated quite a few Java WS stacks and was between CXF and Metro, but
in the end I chose metro, but to be honest there was very little to choose
btw the two... so I would suggest those two as the leading Java WS stacks.
Both support maven and are very complete in terms of how much of the web
service set of standards they support.

Metro implements JAXWS 2.1 and JAXB2.2, so if the marketing babble is to
be trusted its 'meant' to be higher performing and more extensible, but I
haven't tested that claim yet. In any event it has an impressive array of
security features. It also ships with the standard glassfish installation,
which means no server configuration is needed if you go that route, I
installed it though with Tomcat, it was as easy as executing a script...
not too hard at all.

Depending how you wish to approach you applications, you can use
annotations for the meta programming, and avoid a lot of the messy xml. I
found it to be really clean and the closest to Microsofts .Net platform
implementation which is IMHO a very good implementation of Web Services
...at least more impressive than anything I have seen in the Java
community, but I feel the gap is closing slowly.

To integrate with Tapestry I simply overrode Tapestry filter... I am not
aware of any more elegant approach, although I made a few inquiries on
this list in the past.

Cheers,
Peter