Not sure why you get "The
    repository system is offline and the requested artifact is not
    locally available"

That usually shows up when a build is offline - you'd need to be online
for maven to download the deps... or perhaps that's a maven/eclipse
issue, gg it.

As for the archetype catalog, i just reuploaded an update for it that should
give the option to create 5.2.3-SNAPSHOT projects. It may take a couple of
hours before the web server sync and this becomes available.

--
Andreas Andreou - andy...@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer