Kind of. You can run it using xvfb (assuming linux), so you don't need a
full x server.

Selenium is a remote control tool for browsers, mainly used for writing
tests for webapps. It starts up firefox (or ie, chrome, or safari) and
controls the browser, telling it to click on links / type things, and you
can make assertions on the output. Usually it's only run on developer/CI
machines, not on your production machine, although I've seen it done.