On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:33:16 -0200, Nicolas Barrera <nbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Thiago,

Hi, Nicolas!

Ok, so as the 3rd party library's Service isn't implemented receiving some Configuration, then I can't Contribute to it...

Can't you ask the author to add this as a configuration?

and the only way would be to override the service as a whole (reinstantiating it and setting it up all). :(

You can decorate or advise it instead.

would it smell a lot if I ask tapestry for the instance of that service in some "startup" point of my AppModule and set that property to my required
value?

Tapestry-IoC doesn't provide any way to get the original, non-proxied service implementation. You can contribute a Runnable implementation to the RegistryStartup service to do anything you want just after the registry was started.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Consultor, desenvolvedor e instrutor em Java, Tapestry e Hibernate