Thiago,

and the only way would be to override the service as a whole
>> (reinstantiating it and setting it up all). :(
>>

> You can decorate or advise it instead.

I thought that decorating and/or advising the service just to change a
property was a bit of over-design, but I guess it would work, sure.

 would it smell a lot if I ask tapestry for the instance of that service in
>> some "startup" point of my AppModule and set that property to my required
>> value?

Tapestry-IoC doesn't provide any way to get the original, non-proxied
> service implementation.
> You can contribute a Runnable implementation to the RegistryStartup service
> to do anything you want just after the registry was started.

Thanks, I think that would be the place to put the property change on
startup.. didn't knew about that!
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/startup.html

Nicolás.-