> If a core mixin was provided that may fill this gap, and ditto for radio
> or checkboxes. But - and this is just my 2 pence - mixins is another
> subject that a newbie/new adopter has to learn, whereas they are already
> familiar with context and zone parameters from fundamental components
> like an actionlink.

They wouldn't see the difference - they'd be using the component that
would internally
use the mixin. They won't need to specify the mixin themselves.
Take a look at http://tapestry.apache.org/component-mixins.html in the section
"Implementation Mixins" for how this can work and why it's not *yet*
possible to build this!

>> Josh
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Richard Hill <r...@su3analytics.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes agreed - I think t:select should take an optional context parameter.
>> > I will file a JIRA.
>> >
>> > As a work around I see two options:
>> >
>> > 1) In my case here I don't need to actually re-render a zone when the
>> > user changes the selection. So I will probably just render the select
>> > "manually" and attach my own js handler to fire back the change to the
>> > server.
>> >
>> > 2) If you did require a zone update, I think you would have to use
>> > context-dependent select and option models which provided client-side
>> > option values that were some combination of the context and option id.
>> > These could then be parsed out server-side when a user makes his
>> > selection. But sounds a bit hacky :)
>> >
>> > Thiago - thanks for your help and patience on this.
>> >
>> > Cheers Richard

Andreas Andreou - andy...@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Apache Tapestry PMC / http://chesstu.be owner
Open Source / JEE Consulting