On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:12:40 -0300, Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 20:23, Josh Canfield <joshcanfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
They wouldn't see the difference - they'd be using the component that
would internally
use the mixin

Actually, I wasn't thinking of an internal mixin. Putting a "zone" on
the Select seems random, making it an internal mixin doesn't make it
any less random.

What is an internal mixin? It needs to be a normal, public mixin for
users to use anywhere (most likely it should be a copy of zoneupdater).

I think ZoneUpdater or something similar should be added to Tapestry.js. Its usage is common enough and the code addition would be small enough.

And it needs to be attached to Select by default due to backwards
compatibility - if that's not a requirement, then i fully agree with you.

I guess Josh said internal mixin meaning implementation mixin (i.e declared inside the component). Either way, I think the Select update zone code should be extracted to a mixin (ZoneUpdater?) which would be added to Select as an implementation one for backward compatibility.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor