On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 19:51:57 -0300, bhorvat <horvat.z.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Hi!

The website is pretty much over you can go and take a look at it at
http://chesapool.appspot.com/ http://chesapool.appspot.com/ . One of the
final things that are missing is the upload functionality. So I would like someone to help me with this. I have tired all over the Internet but I
couldn't find explanation that I was able to fallow.
From what I did figure out is that I need to write a custom upload service using the commons-upload (or some similar name) and to integrate that service into tapestry. However I am not sure how and where to start. So can someone help me with this.

GAE doesn't allow access to the file system. Tapestry-Upload uses commons-fileupload, which uses the filesystem. Hence, Tapestry-Upload won't work on GAE, nor any other solution using commons-fileupload. You'll probably need to @Inject the HttpServletRequest in a page and use its getInputStream() method to get posted file byte content yourself.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor