I have added the maven dependencies for the GWTUpload and I have added your
code as you suggested, however once I include the tapestry-upload it breaks
the application and the GAE wont run the website. Did I do something wrong?

I was under the impression that adding that code and the GWTUpload will
allow me to use tapestry-upload component however that is not the case. So I
take it that I didn't override the problematic code in upload component.

Any ideas?