This is my lack of having not tested tapestry-jpa at all!!!
If tap-jpa reads the same persistence.xml as my ejb-jar ---- omg `kin rad!!

otherwise - don't worry - this takes it to [OT]   off topic.

i don't understand the j2ee packaging that well - so take my knowledge with a
grain of salt for now re: java packaging and how that works.  i'm into protocol
analysis on network stuff cos I like to connect things together (like most of
us).

i do not understand the relationship betweeen:
1.. persistence.xml in an ejb-jar; and,
2... persistence.xml in tapestry-jpa jar
and whether the two can co-exist in the same ear project (i.e. how an entity
manager works in both cases)

which is beyond this mailing lists purpose.

This is stuff I'll hammer out with some testing in due course :)

Tapestry enables me to do web stuff "IN JAVA" much easier than mangling bits of
non-UI java database stuff (e.g. EJB) than with php (ie. drupal cos it's easily
hackable in the spaghetti code sense because that's the nature of the language
IMO)

which for me enables me to be a more productive/better progammer ---- which
I've been waiting for, for years!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope that makes sense, both in my lack of understanding of java stuff - and
where I expect tapestry to take things for me :)

The rate at which stuff happens in this tapestry community is incredible to say
the least, I just hope I can catch up - economically, socially, engineer-ily,
glue-ily, technically etc..

Cheers
Chris