From: Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
Date: 2011/11/28
Subject: Tapestry 5 and Mobile
To: Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>

Hi everyone,

This question is for the mobile gurus out there using Tapestry. We are
about to take the plunge and convert our Tapestry web applications
into mobile compatible web applications, but I don't quite know where
to begin, so I would love to know how others are handling mobile with
Tapestry and if there a framework to recommend or simply some advice
on best practices with Tapestry integration.

Our existing web sites are subscription based and were developed and
targeted towards corporates so are very conservative with regards to
supporting every browser since IE6, this is restrictive but
unfortunately cannot change. This is why I am thinking to implement
side by side applications and having a separate mobile site that uses
HTML 5 and CSS 3... We will be supporting only the newest phones,
mostly iPhone, Blackberry, and the latest Android devices.

I know there is a great deal of knowledge in this forum, and I am a
newbie in the mobile development area, so any tips would be greatly
appreciated, even the most rudimentary advice.

Thanks!
Peter