This would be great!

we did some experiments on jquery mobile.
The lib is under construction at
https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery-mobile  (based on Beta 1 not
the latest version)
and a sample at  https://github.com/got5/techforum.
(Ajax Page load disabled)

the integration will be even better, if we had support for ajax form
validation and ajax render request.

Next generate PhoneGap application from Tapestry WebApp ;)

the list of JS toolkit show at Phone Gap web site is amazing
http://phonegap.com/tools

Regards
François