Rather than having separate IE-only style sheets, a technique I prefer
is to use IE conditional comments to add an additional div around the
body in my layout.tml, like this:

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<![endif]-->
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<![endif]-->

Once that's done, then it becomes trivially easy to add all sorts of
IE-specific CSS rules in your app's main (or only) style sheet file:

DIV.menu {
    /* CSS rules for most browsers go here */
}
DIV.ie-old DIV.menu {
    /* some IE-specific rules go here */
}