Sorry for my hasty and not well formulated rant.

I was just thinking about the announcment of the Rails-team to switch to
Coffeescript and what an impact that has on developers and existing apps.

There is always that compromise between flexibility and high-level tools but as
the server side of Tapestry focusses so much on flexibilty/modularity i think
it would make sense to follow that route also for the browser side.

All this highly sofisticated tools (eg: sass, activerecord, hibernate, ...)
cover maybe 90% of the use cases but become a major road block if they cannot
easily be circumvented for the other 10%.

Cheers,
Andi.