Ah well, partly a user error. If you have the component (mixin)
wrapped in a zone, you'll get multiple instances of CKEditor with
plenty of interesting effects. It does make sense not to re-initialize
it during ajax updates but wasn't ready to spend enough time to find
the appropriate place to add safeguards to prevent multiple instances
within the same zone. Sent a pull request anyway for a minor clean-up
while I was working on it.

Kalle