Disclaimer: I haven't used tapestry-jpa. :)
But, Tapestry uses value encoders. tapestry-hibernate uses them, tapestry-jpa
uses them.
Tapestry uses them. The only question is whether you need to write custom value
encoders.
tapestry-hibernate will provide default encoders for entities with a single pk
column.
tapestry-jpa can evidently handle multi-column pks.

So you'll write fewer custom value encoders with tapestry-jpa than you
will/might otherwise with tapestry-hibernate.

Not sure about other advantages.

HTH,

Robert