If the only reason we're moving to 1.6 is to support a newer version of
hibernate in tapestry-hibernate, then I'm -1. I specifically know of a
corporation out there using tapestry that still uses java 1.5.  Where there's
one, there are many.  I suppose we could write them off as "stuck on tapestry
5.3.x", but unless there's some major benefit to switching to 1.6... why limit
your potential customer base?

While we're on the topic, I'm not particularly keen on tapestry-hibernate
attempting to force a particular hibernate version. I would much rather see the
hibernate dependency declared as "provided" (in maven parlance) and specify a
version range of compatible versions.

Robert