Spring transaction handling makes some things so much easier.  For
example, on an admin page, I may want to simply save changes to an
object by making a call to a makePersistent() method on a DAO.  Of
course I want that to be committed.  That's why I said
"makePersistent()"  On the other hand, I might have some batch import
service that calls other transactional services, that invoke
makePersistent on DAO's hundreds or thousands of times, and I need
everything to happen within a transaction (the batch is in, or it
isn't, but I'm never left with cleanup to do).

Spring can automatically start a new transaction, or join an existing
one, as required.  It's a much richer transaction management tool.
It's a major reason I still use Spring.

Regards,
Jonathan

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM, bhorvat <horvat.z.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you elaborate a bit more the part below
>

> Steve Eynon wrote
>>
>> unlike T5's @CommitAfter, it doesn't always commit or start a new
>> transaction.
>>

> The T5 annotation always commits when there is not RuntimeException so what
> does @Transactional annotation does then :S
>
> tnx

Jonathan Barker
ITStrategic