On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:30:04 -0300, afaque_khan_2...@yahoo.com <afaque_khan_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I tried what you described. The functionality works. But, even though the
event handler function of the submit button "bookTrade" returns other some page, I have an impression that it is an ajax form submit. This is because on using the object Request defined in the java file, i see that the
.isXHR() returns always true.

AJAX and non-AJAX requests (form submissions included) are the same (except for an HTTP header), so you don't have to worry about isXHR() unless you want to check before returning an AJAX response. Request.isXHR() just checks the presence of this HTTP header and Tapestry itself just uses it to prevent you from returning an AJAX response to a non-AJAX request. The opposite is *not* valid. The difference between AJAX and non-AJAX requests is the response. This is true in general, not just with Tapestry.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo