On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:20 AM, kata <januszkiewicz.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently using shiro and the tapestry-security plugin to manage
> sessions and persist data. Everything works fine when getting the session by
> SecurityUtils.getSubject().getSession(). However, this means that the
> application is peppered with fragments of shiro-specific code. Since shiro
> uses the servlet session API, is there a way to do this in a way that is
> transparent to the application, and hopefully still allow me to use
> annotations like @Persist and @SessionState?

You should never need to use SecurityUtils. Use SecurityService
(http://tynamo.org/constant/sites/tapestry-security/apidocs/org/tynamo/security/services/SecurityService.html)
and it's getSubject() if you need to access the Subject directly. Note
that Subject is a Shiro specific class, so calling anything after that
is a fair game. However, for regular session access you don't need to
use anything Shiro specific. For basic cases, you can also stick with
servlet-api's security support (namely
HttpServletREquest.getRemoteUser() and isUserInRole(...) ),
tapestry-security fully supports the standard servlet api.

Kalle