The whole point of a web session is to have only one.  Now he is winding up
with two sessions.
One web and one shiro native.
How is he clustering the web session if he clusters
the shiro native session differently?  Sounds like the 'web session' isn't
working correctly in his case
and he is trying to 'compensate' with Shiro, which is sooo wrong path to go.