Well this doesnt work as designed/documented

Customized tapestry-model templates

If you don't customize anything, Tynamo uses default pages. In
Tapestry, a component (a page is a component as well) is comprised of
two parts: its template and a backing java class. There's a default page
 for each particular operation, such as: Add, Edit, List and Show. The
archetype will put the Java page classes to src/main/java/<groupid>/pages and
the corresponding templates to /src/main/webapp.
 The cool thing about this is that you can also customize the default
look and feel of a page for an operation type. Most of the cases,
however, you want to customize a page specific for a particular object.

Tynamo makes decisions about what page to display based on which kind
 of page is needed and the class of the object(s) involved. It will
first look for a page using Add, Edit, Show or List depending on the
kind of page needed, prefixed with the unqualified-type name of the
object. If it can't find a specific page for a given type, it will
instead use the default Add, Edit, Show or List page, respectively. The
following table gives some examples of how Tynamo figures out which page
 to use:

 Operation
 Class
 Look for page:
 If not found, use page:

 Edit
 org.tynamo.recipe.entities.Recipe
 org.tynamo.recipe.pages.edit.RecipeEdit
 org.tynamo.recipe.pages.Edit

 List
 com.foo.entities.Product
 com.foo.pages.list.ProductList
 com.foo.pages.List

 Add
 org.wwf.entities.Gazelle
 org.wwf.pages.add.GazzelleAdd
 org.wwf.pages.Add

To start customizing a page, make a copy of the appropriate default
page files and rename according the the table above. Most of the UI
customization happens in the corresponding .tml template. Keep in mind
that a Tapestry template is more or less just a html page with selected
additional tags starting with <t:some-tapestry-element> that will
be replaced by Tapestry components (which can be comprised of other
templates and so forth). Read Tapestry's template guide for more comprehensive
documentation.

The typical customization needed for edit forms is that you want to
render something else for a specific field but you are fine with other
defaults. Property Editor Overrides
 are exactly for that purpose, see the linked documentation for exact
examples. If we wanted to, we could replace the Form component entirely
and create a new form from scratch using standard Tapestry components.
activate handler is never invoked.
I will generate a new project and try again but if I dont succeed I will file a
jira ?
Edit customization is what fails.