On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:23:11 -0200, lebenski <ben.titma...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

So I have a page 'ViewCube'. This page can be accessed by anyone and does not allow any editing rights. I then have a page 'EditCube' which extends ViewCube

I wouldn't do that. A page for viewing is very different from a page for editing. If there's something that is common, put it in a component and use it in both pages. Avoid inheritance, prefer composition. ;)

and uses some extension points to allow the user with editing
rights to modify the cube (please don't worry about what a "Cube" is!)

You're just make me curious about these cubes. :P

So - am I doing the redirect in the right way?  Is this inheritance
sensible? I tried using response.sendRedirect so that I don't need a return value but this fails with the following:

Don't use Response.sendRedirect() either.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo