First, Nabble users don't subscribe, meaning I have to moderate Nabble mails on
a daily basis.
Nabble won't or can't force users to subscribe users prior to posting.

Second, Nabble eats code listings etc. leaving users to wonder why their emails
aren't displayed
properly to "normal" users, possibly causing confusion or even frustration. I
don't want to have
users confused over something we can't control.

Third, and most important, if I or another moderator forgets to moderate a
Nabble email, or doesn't
moderate it in time because of travel, sickness or whatever, readers of the
mailing list won't get
the post and can't reply, creating a friction in our community (those that use
Nabble and those that
don't).

Our discussions take place on mailing lists. Period. Nabble violates that
policy, creates work for
our volunteers and confusion for our users. If you can make Nabble behave
properly I'm willing to
withdraw my objections and I'm sure other PMC members will too. But until then
I recommend that
people like Lance use a webmail service in situations where they can't use an
email client.

Uli