I haven't done much research into Atmosphere… I found the docs to be quite
cryptic and couldn't quickly find what I wanted.

tapestry-cometd relies on a few concepts, If atmosphere has these same
concepts then the switch will be easy, if not I guess it will be more
difficult.

1. A Push Session - A serverside Map that lives for the duration of a
subscription
2. Wildcard channels (when I subscribe to "/chat/**" I will get messages
for /chat/cars and /chat/food/apples)
3. Subscription listeners - notified of subsctibe and unsubscribe events
4. Authorizers - permit / deny subscriptions

Atmosphere suggests using annotations in most of the examples. CometD did a
similar thing. I found that I needed to use the services under the hood
instead of the annotations. I would assume that we would most likely use
the "under the hood" services in atmosphere