On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org> wrote:

>> In 5.4, you can contribute to the default error page and map exception
>> types to specific error pages (
>> http://tapestry.apache.org/5.4/apidocs/org/apache/
>> tapestry5/internal/services/DefaultRequestExceptionHandler.html
>> - that reminds me, I should add information about that to the user guide
>> as
>> well).
>>

> And I've contributed all this in AppModule
>     public void
> contributeDefaultRequestExceptionHandler(MappedConfiguration<Class,
> Class> configuration) {
>         configuration.add(SliderException.class, DefaultNeeded.class);
>     }
>
> with a few attempts guessing the method name
> contributeRequestExceptionHandler,
> contributeExceptionHandler but each time a similar error in the logs:
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Contribution
> org.opencsta.website.metwide.web.services.AppModule.
> contributeDefaultRequestExceptionHandler(MappedConfiguration) (at
> AppModule.java:133) is for service 'DefaultRequestExceptionHandler',
> which does not exist.

RequestExceptionHandler is the interface and the service name, so
contributeRequestExceptionHandler works, I wonder which error message you
got when you tried it. DefaultRequestExceptionHandler is the default
exceptionHandler that accepts contributions. This configuration is already
being used in tapestry-security 0.6, which is for T5.4 (see
https://github.com/tynamo/tapestry-security/blob/master/src/main/java/org/tynamo/security/services/SecurityModule.java
).

Kalle