I'm going to have to d/l your project and go over it more carefully than a
browser look at it.   The error I omitted when using
RequestExceptionHandler was, sic, "there is no such service by that name".

However, that was >midnight and this morning when I tried it deployed.

Unfortunately it did not redirect as I thought it would and I have since
done:

    void setupRender() {
//        slider = sliderService.getById(new Long(1)); //using the EJB
through an @Inject T5 service
//        slider = sliderEJBService.getById(new Long(1)); //using the @EJB
notation
        throw new SliderException(new Throwable("YEAH")); //just throw an
exception
    }

But I'm getting the standard exception report page.  This is on beta-6
because I can't get beta-22 to work (see other thread re: commons-io
dependency)

An exception has occurred processing this request.
Render queue error in SetupRender[Index:layout.slider]:
java.lang.Throwable: YEAH

I might go back to my prototyping workflow using tapestry-hibernate so
there is less "other shit" in the way when doing the tapestry stuff because
it'll be quicker.  (Might give me a chance to write some codegen scripts)

P.S.  Thiago, if you read this, mail died a couple of times today and rss
feeds didn't update correctly without a shutdown.  I'll reboot my machine,
but this is unix underneath man!  21st century too!  :P