Hi all,

We have created a stripped-down "tapestry-spring" project to allow us
to use Spring from within a Tapestry-ioc based non-web project.  One
objective is to be able to drop in jars and not only have services and
configuration information from Tapestry modules picked up, but also
contribute locations of applicationContext files and have them
combined as well.  This is comparable to specifying multiple files in
web.xml for a normal Tapestry-Spring web application.

We've hit analysis-paralyisis trying to figure out how to get the list
of Strings (ApplicationContext.xml fragment locations) available at
the right time.  The comparable location for tapestry-spring seems to
be in SpringModuleDef in the method:

    private ObjectCreator constructObjectCreatorForApplicationContext(
            final ServiceBuilderResources resources, @Primary
    ApplicationContextCustomizer customizer)

at the line:

WebApplicationContext context =
loader.initWebApplicationContext(servletContext);

By the time we hit this line, we need to have the contributions
available.  Can a configuration built up from distributed contribute
methods be accessed/used at this point? How?

I've never quite been able to get away from Spring, because I
frequently have to deal with multiple databases, and I like their
transaction management.  In the past few years, we've been using
Apache Camel extensively in web applications and non-web integration
projects.  That's also been easier to achieve in Spring, but the
number of Camel processes I have running is going to get more
difficult to manage.  We've built a tapestry-ioc integration for Camel
so we can do distributed contribution of routes, but we're bumping up
against this one issue.

Regards,
Jonathan

--