HI all,

I've created a component that is used to load a notifications count (like
Facebook). I am updating this component (the zone) every 5 seconds, however
sometimes the process for getting the data may take longer. Therefore, the
ajax call request done in this component was just blocking the entire UI
avoiding any other request before the ajax call is returned. I've solved
that problem by creating a thread to run on the background, and immediately
return the request (does not matter if the the background thread is done),
next time a new request is done from this component, most probably the
thread on the background already processed my data, then the component is
updated with the count of notifications. Nevertheless, I am still wondering
why an ajax request that is supposed to be asynchronous is blocking any
other request.

Regards,
Rob