have you looked at the mod-jk and apache log files?

On 15-Nov-05, at 11:19 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Mark,

Yes, as I mentioned, we can access "non-swf files without a problem". We
have exactly the same setup, I believe, for 2003 Server and XP Sp2 - it
runs from the same installer, which has no checking to distinguish between
the two.

We also have Apache talking to Tomcat via mod_jk quite happily, except for
swf files.  Can you verify that you can access swf files on your setup?

I believe we work fine with XP sp1.

Anything else I can check, or info I can provide? How can I do any kind of
debugging?

cheers,

David
x54680

|         |           Mark Thomas      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           >                |
|         |           11/14/2005 06:08 |
|         |           "Tomcat Users    |
|         |           List"            |
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------|
| | | To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org> | | cc: | | Subject: Re: mod_jk bug serving up flash on non 2003 servers? |
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------|

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I tried doing that before but got no response; but I'll happily try
again.

Everything works great on Windows 2003 Server.  I have apache fronting
numerous Tomcats, with mod_jk. We are using Laszlo, so the pages served
up
are actually swf files.  On 2003 server we see no issues, but with
Windows
XP SP 2 we don't receive any data. We can access the individual tomcats without any problem, however. And we can access non-swf files without a
problem, so the setup seems to be correct.

Please advise on what further information I can provide, and where to
find
it.

Best guess is a difference in config. Are the following all the same
between your 2003 setup and your win xp set up?
Apache version
Tomcat version
mod_jk version
http.conf
workers.properties
mime.types
AJP connector elements in server.xml

I have Apache talking to Tomcat via mod_jk quite happily so I doubt
this is a bug.

Can you confirm that you XP setup works via Apache for html, jsp etc
but not swf?

Mark