John MccLain wrote:

OK...So, correct me if I am wrong, but is this because the JVM can't load 2
classes with the same package/class name?

The JVM *can* (and in this case, *does*) load classes with the same name, as long as they are in different classloaders (which they are, for the two different webapps).

The problem is with the Java debugging interface - it merely notifies the listener (Eclipse) that "a class named <foo> has been loaded".

There is no other usable context to tell eclipse whether the <foo> was loaded in package1 or package2, so it'll insert a breakpoint for each of them, and stop at each of them.

If *you* have a way of telling them apart, you can put that condition in the breakpoint, to only stop if that condition is true..