Hi,

Did you check if the new parameter (Xms, Xmx)values are registered for
your service ? (I am not sure how it works on Linux ).
Here is a similar issue but on Windows platform.
I am working with 64 bit java on Windows 2003 and 64-bit AMD Opteron
processor with 16 GB RAM.
I am getting OOME due to PermGen space. I set the following parameteres in
my service.bat file :
JvmXms = 6g  JvmXmx = 6g JvmX = 256mb.
The problem is when I start the tomcat service it is not taking these
values.  I checked the windows registry
and these parameter values are not inserted.  Do you have any idea like
what might be the problem and
how to fix these issue ? Any help would be greatly appereciated.

(Note: The same application on 32-bit works just fine .)

Thank you,
Aparna.

"Leon Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
01/17/2006 03:43 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [OT] 64Bit Java doesn't honour Xmx,Xms settings?

On 1/17/06, Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just because you get an OOM error doesn't mean its a heap issue. See the
faq
> for details:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/memory.html#why
>
> -Tim

Sure, but when ps shows virtual memory usage of 34 GB, I assume it's a
memory issue, isn't it?
P.S. (There is no tomcat involed :-) )