All,

 Surprising no one responded the first time. Looking at the source, I noticed a
org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo class in that does access version
information but it is local to the server and not available from an MBean. I
need to access version information over RMI (JSR 160).

 Any suggestions? Should an enhancement request be entered? Does it make sense
for this kind of information be available from the Service or Server MBean?

 How would you programmatically determine that you were running Tomcat 5.5.9
versus 5.08 or Tomcat 4.x for instance?

 Any thougts would be helpful?

 Thanks

 Andy Gordon

  andy gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   All,

 Is there are way to determine the version of tomcat that is running from an
application that is connecting to tomcat via JSR 160 on a local machine. I
would like to be able to find the tomcat version from an MBean if possible.
  Thank you

  - andy gordon

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.