From: Erik Onnen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 January 2006 00:42
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: UTF-8 JavaScript and HTML Files

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. I hadn't tried that yet and I wasn't
sure what exactly was serving the static content so your suggestion will
help me get further on my own. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same
problem after the suggested change. Perhaps I need to undo some of my
previous changes?

In doing some additional testing, I can confirm that the problem does
not present on MAC OSX or Windows2K3, so it seems to be localized to
Tomcat(5.029|5.5.14|5.5.15)/SunJDK-1.5.05-b5/(SUSE10|SLES9).

In some additional testing, I've also got files that are saved in
different encodings such as iso-8859-1 which aren't serving properly
either. To reduce the number of variables in the equation, I've moved
from lots of problematic files to two simple test html files, each with
a meta tag declaring it's proper charset.

Finally, all files serve properly with Jetty6 on the same machine.

-erik