I could get the comparison of the three connectors here
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Connector_Comparison

With the BIO connector specified, the server is not responding to the https
request.
Is it because SSL Handshake is Blocking for BIO connector?

We need to support SSL. Is there a way to have below configuration support
IPv6?

HTTP Connector: NIO protocol
AJP Connector: APR protocol/NIO protocol.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditi