Michele Mase' wrote:
I'm waiting for a better solution ...
Maybe should a sniffer pcap help in diagnosys?

Wireshark is your friend. It may at least show you when the client disconnects, and maybe why. But if the problem is in the response body, I don't know if it will be very easy to find with a packet dump (and these responses are big).

Wait a bit. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will see something strange in those headers.

Another idea : the 206 response header contains a "Content-Length" header. According to the specs, this is supposed to be the total number of bytes which should be contained in the response body (before decoding it into parts). Try to compare this, with what your Apache log tells you about the response size for the same request. Careful when comparing : I believe that the response size, for Apache, includes the HTTP headers; while the Content-Length headers refers only to the response body, without the headers.