-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]

>The above shows the problem (along with several other classes loaded
from that location).
>Looks like you have some hard-coded links to the local file system
buried inside the webapp's META-INF entries - making the .war file
decidedly non-portable.
>This doesn't explain why Tomcat isn't protecting itself from
ill-mannered webapps, but it does indicate that your process for
constructing webapps needs looking into.

> - Chuck

The app containing jsp-2.1xxx.jar is assembled by eclipse's maven
integration. There is nothing untoward I can see in MANIFEST.MF or
META-INF in general. No hard coded links I can detect (where should they
be?) and the app deploys and runs the same from windows workstation to
linux test server. Possibly what you are seeing as a problem is just the
way eclipse does things...

Dale