On Friday, November 09, 2012 01:02:55 AM Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 1. When and how do you obtain the value for your jsessionid? Beware
> that the session id is changing when you do authentication. That is
> done to prevent session fixation attacks.

The .jnlp would be generated on the fly after a login, so it would have the
jsessionid just generated by the user authentication - if I can get through
the login.  But I'm not getting there as a successful login isn't redirected
to the original target (or, perhaps, the jsessionid generated by the login
isn't properly appended to the original url).

> 2. It isn't timeout.
> It means that you've got a new session, and so Tomcat does not know
> where to redirect you after the login.
>
> See
> response.sendError(HttpServletResponse.SC_REQUEST_TIMEOUT
> call in o.a.c.authenticator.FormAuthenticator

I landed in the login as a function of the authentication, so it seems that I
should end up where I was originally trying to go after the authentication
succeeds.  Since the session has to be in the URL there should have been a URL
rewrite for the new session performed after the login and session was created.

This old thread seem applicable:

http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.com/AuthenticatorBase-
setChangeSessionIdOnAuthentication-without-cookies-td4987045.html

It's entirely possible (likely) that I'm missing something, but it sure looks
like you can't get through a login.jsp with URL based session data.  I'd be
delighted to wrap this test case up in a .war, I was posting here to make sure
that I wasn't completely missing some point.