> We kind of guessed as much, considering the sender and the signature. :-)

I'll try not to be so newbie next time :))

> I don't know anything about Mac OS, but I would guess that the question
is : *where and how* did you install tomcat-native-1.1.24-src.tar.gz ?

Well, I installed it using the install.sh file and creating a symbolic link
to /usr/lib/java
I mean, I didn't get errors during the process and the server found the
correct path for tomcat-native.

I think it's a little hard to describe the problem, because I blocked when
I saw that the native version installed is different from the downloaded
version:

(from install log)
--->  Fetching distfiles for tomcat-native
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for tomcat-native
--->  Extracting tomcat-native
--->  Configuring tomcat-native
--->  Building tomcat-native
--->  Staging tomcat-native into destroot
--->  Installing tomcat-native @1.1.22_0
--->  Activating tomcat-native @1.1.22_0

and the downloaded version is:

Source (please choose the correct format for your platform)

   - Native 1.1.24 Source Release tar.gz
<http://ftp.udc.es/apache//tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.24/source/tomcat-native-1.1.24-src.tar.gz>(e.g.
   Unix, Linux, Mac OS)

I don't know how to describe the problem in another way.....