Pid,

On 2/12/13 1:38 PM, Pid wrote:
> On 12/02/2013 17:53, Cool Techi wrote:
>>
>> I am new to this, I have just installed YourKit and see a lot of
>> threads blocked,but currently my response are fine, the blocked
>> thread are showing the following
>>
>> Blocker Thread QuartzSchedular_Worker-6 native ID ..

Tomcat does not use Quartz for anything, so this is looking like a
problem elsewhere. We still might be able to help.

>> On clicking on the Blocker thread it shows me the following,
>>

>> org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenderscom.mysql.jdbc.SingleByteCharsetConverter.getInstanceorg.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrorObject()org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.addObjectToPool()ogr.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.getNumIdle

Yuck,

I don't know what to make of that line, but this looks suspicious:

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrorObject()

and so does this one:

ogr.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.getNumIdle

Did you manually type-in all of those?

>> Does any of these sound like  reason. It would be great to get
>> pointed in the right direction.
>
> Oh dear.
>
> Are you doing your app logging to a database?
>
> Is it the same database that your app uses?
>
> Is it the same connection pool that your app uses?

Yup, that sounds like a recipe for deadlock if it is indeed happening.

Ayush, can you try reducing your connection pool's maxActive to 1 in a
dev/test environment and try running your application? If it deadlocks
(which it will if you try to log to the db while holding a db
connection in the same thread), then you have a lot of work to do.