 From: André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat as a service: system tray?

Sam Takoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is related to the questions that I asked yesterday and got such
> insightful responses (thanks!).
>
> If I am running Tomcat as a Windows service, is it possible to control it
> through a System Tray icon?

Yes, but why don't you try it ?  It is really easy to download and install
Tomcat as a Service on any Windows workstation, and you'll get the system tray
icon automatically.

> (By the way, I don't know where to report irrelevant typos in the
> documentation, but
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html says
> "system try".)

Unless you want to submit patches - which are always welcome but do require
some preparatory work - probably the best thing to do would be to collect a
list of such typos, and when you've found a dozen or so, post the list here,
with precise references like above.  Someone might then pick up the list and go
through all of them in one go.