2013/3/12 Sam Takoy <sam.ta...@yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> This is related to the questions that I asked yesterday and got such
> insightful responses (thanks!).
>
> If I am running Tomcat as a Windows service, is it possible to control it
> through a System Tray icon?

Tomcat7.exe //MS

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html

Tomcat windows installer creates a shortcut for it in "Startup" group
in Windows menu, but on latest versions of Windows that app should
actually be started in "run as administrator" mode to be useful.

> (By the way, I don't know where to report irrelevant typos in the
> documentation, but
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html says
> "system try".)

Online Tomcat 7 documentation is integrated with comments.apache.org
If you scroll to the bottom of that page you can leave a comment
there.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko